Creating advertising objectives for Facebook Ads is the first thing you need to consider before planning the copy, design, images or video. Depending on what your overall business goals are for the ad, will help determine the advertising objective that you choose.
- Awareness: An advertising objective that creates interest in your product or service.
- Consideration: An advertising objective that will enhance interest in your business and create the need to look for more information about it.
- Conversions: An advertising objective that encourages people that are already interested in your business to purchase or use your products or service.
Awareness Advertising Objectives for Facebook Ads
Reach people that are more likely to pay attention to your ads and increase awareness for your brand. The longer someone spends with an ad, the more likely they are to remember it.
To create a brand awareness ad using ad creation follow these steps:
- Go to ad creation.
- Choose the brand awareness objective.
- Choose a Page and name your campaign. Click Continue.
- Set your audience, age, gender and targeting.
- By default, your ads will deliver on FB and Instagram. To change this click on Edit Placements.
- Set your budget, optimization and schedule. You can choose between Brand Awareness (recommended) or Reach. Click Continue.
- Add your creative. Choose your Ad Format.
- Add your text. To add a call-to-action button, choose any format except Canvas and check the Add a website URL box. Button options are Apply Now, Book Now, Contact Us, Download, Learn More, Request Time, See Menu, Shop Now, Sign Up and Watch More.
- Click Place Order to finish.
Once your campaign has begun, you can track metrics including video views for campaigns using video assets, reach engagement and estimated people.
Promote your business to people in your area and drive offline actions. Use reach ads to efficiently reach people who may be interested in visiting your store or business. You can create a single ad for multiple locations.
Reach ads include to Call to Action buttons for: Like Page, Get Directions, Call Now, Send Message, Learn More and Save.
Local ads need to be efficient in making people aware of your business, so that people that do not click on ads still will come back to your website later to purchase and those that do engage with ads will want to click.
To create a local awareness ad from your page follow these steps:
** You must be set up in categories as a Local Business.
- Go to your page.
- Click promote in the top left. You must be in an advertiser or admin role to do this.
- Click promote your business locally.
- Fill in your ad details.
- Click promote.
To create a local awareness ad from Ad Creation follow these steps:
- Go to Ad Creation.
- Click reach
- Choose the page associated with your local business.
- Fill in your targeting and budget.
- Add your creative and choose a call-to-action button.
To create a local awareness ad from Power Editor follow these steps:
- Go to Power Editor.
- Create a campaign using the reach objective.
- At the ad set level, enter your targeting and budget.
- At the ad level, add your creative and choose a call-to-action button.
Show your ad to the maximum number of people in your audience.
Consideration Advertising Objectives for Facebook Ads
Increase the number of users to your website or app. With traffic as an objective you can send people to your website or ask people to download your app.
With a traffic objective, you can select where you want to drive the traffic or you can target people who have previously installed your app.
Send users to your app install page on the app store.
Get more people to see and engage with your posts or website, such as:
– Boost your posts (post engagement)
– Promote your page (page likes)
– Get people to claim an offer on your page (offer claims)
– Raise attendance at an event on your page (event responses)
Promote a video that shows product information, behind the scenes, product launches or customer reviews to raise awareness about your brand.
Create videos that are 15 seconds or less to ensure people are watching your entire video.
You can create video ads that contain almost all types of video files, but we recommend using the MP4 or MOV format.
Collect information such as email addresses, contact info from people interested in your business. Lead ads can also be used to collect sign-ups for newsletters, price estimates, follow-up calls and business information.
Conversion Advertising Objectives for Facebook Ads
Bring more people to your website, Facebook app or mobile app. To track and measure conversions, use the Facebook pixel or app events. You can also target people who have previously installed your app.
Product Catalog Sales
Show off new or featured products from your catalog to your target audience. This would be considered a dynamic ad.
Dynamic Ads let you create relevant and timely ads on Facebook based on the products people have visited on your website or your app. You can also use dynamic ads to automatically show relevant products from your catalog to people who have visited your website or app.
These types of ads are best for businesses that have large product catalogs and want to create a more personalized ad for their customers. This looks like other carousel ads available on Facebook, but instead of individually creating an ad for each of your products, Facebook creates the ads for you and personalized them for each of your customers.
To get started you will need to upload your product catalog to Facebook. A product cattalo is a file that contains a list of all the products you want to advertise. Each line of the product catalog contains a description of each product including [ID, name, category, availability, product URL, image URL and other attributes]. Next you would need to add the Facebook fixed to your website to track which products people view, add to their shopping carts and purchase. Facebook will compare the products they interact with to those in your product catalog to show relevant ads.
To create a product catalog sales ad from Ad Creation or Power Editor follow these steps:
- Go to Ad Creation or Power Editor.
- Select promote a product catalog as your objective
- Select a product catalog, click continue.
- Select an existing product set or create a new one.
- Configure your audience, placement, budget and schedule. Then click continue.
- Select your format, Facebook page and Instagram account if you have them linked.
- Enter your ad’s text by typing directly, or use the + to select dynamic elements such as price.
- Add a Call to Action button.
- Preview your ad on the right. When ready click place order..
Promote your multiple business locations to people who are nearby or in a set distance with navigation or contact support for the closest store. Driving people into a store, restaurant, dealership or other place of business is an important marketing objective for any business with physical locations. The store visits objective is to drive store visits and in-store sales.
Think of your campaign objective as what sets the template for your ad set and ad creation. Depending on what you choose you will get a different set of options best suited towards that goal.
Don’t struggle with knowing what advertising objectives for Facebook ads are best suited to your needs, get help with Facebook Ads today!