If you make it a point to select the right partnerships, influencer marketing can help build your brand and monetize their presence. An influencer and the marketer want similar things when they choose to work such as trust, aiding in their followers lives, passionate brands, the right price point for their audience’s age or status and a high level of knowledge.
What is an Influencer?
An influencer has the ability to change behaviors or impact purchase decisions in a specific context. On social media, influencers have earned an engaged audience by producing content on specific topics.
What is Influencer Marketing?
Influencer marketing aims to harness the influence of key individuals on the social web to meet a business goal by building mutually beneficial relationships.
The person that you are looking for as your influencer will have a wide reach, be relevant to what you are selling and will be able to speak / post in a way that resonates with your target market. This could be age, gender, job, or anything that sets people apart.
Top Reasons for Brands and Influencers to Work Together
Reasons to Work with Influencers
- Content Promotion
- Product Launch
- Content Creation
- Event Management
- Corporate Communications
- Crisis Management
Reasons to Work with Brands
- Increase Audience
- Quality Content
- Shape Your Image
- Get Perks
- Earn Money
- Live New Experiences
5 Step Influencer Marketing Checklist
Learn how to start an effective influencer marketing campaign with these 5 key steps in our influencer marketing checklist.
- Define Your Online Audience
Influencer marketing begins by identifying your target customers and understanding who impacts how they discover, evaluate, decide and buy.
- Discover The Right Influencers
You will need to determine what type of influence will work best with your target audience. This will be what can help aid in their decision making process and what type of content can be shared to impact your business.
- Monitor Influencers for Opportunities
Now that you have picked out a few people that are potential influencers, you need to ask what kind of content are they sharing, what topics do they most often write about and who is your influencers audience. Does their audience ask them questions or engage with them in a real way.
- Engage with Potential Influencers
Once you have decided which ones to take action and pursue, now you should follow them, share their content, link to them. Reach out and begin having conversations to build trust. Now you need to come up with an actual plan for what you can work together on that makes sense for you both.
- Measure Your Results
Keep track of the different relationships that you have built and make sure to build out reports on how what they are working on becomes a tangible event such as visits, introductions, mentions, leads, follows, or buys.
Learn more on how to choose your Social Media Brand Advocates.
Top Expert Tips for Influencer Marketing
- Have a large and engaged audience. Avoid confusing the size of the audience with the attention and respect of their followers.
- Relevant to your customers.
- Appear to be authentic.
- Active on social media and post frequently.
- Have a tone and style that match those of your brand.
- Look beyond demographics. Look for specific interests and passions.
- Serve the audience of your influencer, if you help their audience, you will be the big winner.
- Customize your approach to the influencer. The same strategy will not work with every influencer, so tailor it to each person your work with.
- Influencers have most likely become popular with their audiences because they have a unique take on their passion, interest and personalities.
Influencer Marketing Conclusion
Today social media plays a huge role in the buyer’s journey. However it isn’t the social media channels themselves that are influencing the buyer’s decisions; it is the peer to peer content that affects sales.
The social media proof that influencer marketing works it one of the most important ways for companies to reach and resonate with customers in a real and effective way.