Link building is the essential part of SEO that helps increase your webpages importance and rankings. Below is your quick-start guide to a link building strategy.
Determining Your Assets
To begin, determine what assets you have to begin a link-building program that will support your most important pieces of business and will give your website the authoritative ranking factors you have been working towards.
Mix up your anchor text for a more natural feel.
- Branded Terms. Branded anchor text for TracSoft could include TracSoft or TSBlog.
- Use Generic Anchor Text. It can help to create a more natural feel and wider use of anchor text. Example: such as here, this site, website.
- Use Naked URLs. Rather than using any anchor text at all, for example: http://www.tracsoft.com/
- The Title of the Page. Using the title of the page you are linking to is one of my favorite uses of Anchor Text. For example, What is the Future of SEO?
Web Directories are still in play
Top 5 to be listed on in 2016!
- Best of the Web
- Jasmine Directory
- Aviva Directory
- Directory Journal
Write a Press Release
Press Releases seem like an archaic (like so 5 years ago!) idea, but when you can submit them free and easily hyperlink your newest product and your home page, this is a great way to build up back-links over time.
Ask for Link Sharing
The ultimate in link-building strategies is trying to get links from a .edu or .gov. These are the most reputable website’s and it would be great if you have a link coming from one of these website’s using you as a source.
Broken Link Sharing
Use the domain hunter+ Chrome web extension to search for broken links on reputable website’s. When you find one that is relevant to your work, send them a broken link email and ask them to replace their broken link with your relevant link.
Broken Link Email Template #1
I was looking through your suggested links on DOMAIN.com and noticed a few were broken links. Let me know if you would like me to send you a list of the broken links.
Hope this helps,
Broken Link Email Template #2
Here are the broken links I has mentioned in a previous email: abc.com, abcd.com, abcde.com.
Here is a link that could easily replace the broken links: john.com. It provides similar information to the above broken links, but as you can tell these links are not broken! 😉
Hope this helps,
Tips for Emailing for Link Building
- Make sure you make the email relevant to the website you are emailing. If you are using a template, be sure to customize it, so that it looks personalized.
- Do not use mass emailing tools like MailChimp or Constant Contact to send out these emails. It won’t look personalized.
- Strike up a conversation in the initial email.
- Typically 5-10% of the people you send these emails to will actually link back to you. It may not seem worth it, but in the end the link back that you do get will be worth the extra effort and personalized emails that didn’t work out.
- NEVER PAY FOR LINKS.
Let us know what your favorite ideas for link sharing are and what has worked out for you! If you have any questions about getting started with link sharing for your business, contact TracSoft today!